Monday, May 3, 2010

It's Happening...

Tomorrow I'm off to Marrakech and will fly out the next morning to London. I'll be staying there briefly with a couple of S's friends who have generously offered to put me up for the night and point me in the right direction the following day, as I head across the pond to Chicago. The plan is to meet up with some family during my layover at O'Hare, then it's on to San Francisco!

We've got a lot on our plate during my two week visit-- a concert, a race, a school to check out, good food, a billion people to meet and places to see. Gonna be good. Most of all, of course, I'm looking forward to spending time with S and exploring my post-Peace Corps home. I guess it's only fair that, after her three trips to Morocco, I should make the journey over.

Even here as I take a break from packing and write this, the reality of leaving hasn't "hit". Wonder when that'll happen. I haven't been out of the country in over twenty months; it's strange to imagine that in just a couple days I'll be in such a drastically different environment. I've never been to SF before (or London, for that matter), so it's new in that regard, as well. Hopefully I won't awkwardly blurt out any Arabic phrases. Peace be upon you! God bless your parents!!

1 comment:

BG said...

Coolness man. Hope you have a good time. I called ahead to San Fran and had them reserve a cheeseburger and an ice-cold microbrew for ya!