Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Study, Study, Study


Perhaps some of you are curious as to what I'm doing here aside from strolling through markets and climbing around the outskirts of town... this supposed "training" you've heard mention of... a ruse, perhaps?

Sadly (but not really) not. Things are in full swing here at the PCT "compound". We're undergoing marathon sessions each day, and in the evenings bury our noses in books and notes. They are beginning to get more specific about how we will go about doing our jobs, discussing methods of assessing a group of artisan's needs, resources, and schedule-- community mapping. We discuss gender roles, norms of Moroccan culture, health and safety issues, transportation, ways to integrate and gain acceptance in one's community, and skill transference. More vaccinations. More language. Current Moroccan PCVs have stopped by to give little talks, hang out and answer questions, which is great-- such a good source of information for us-- the real deal.

My address is the same as before:

Nathaniel Krause, Trainee
s/c Corps de la Paix
2 Rue Abou Marouane Essaadi
Rabat, 10100, MOROCCO

That isn't where I live, but it's where the mail goes in order to get to us. They request that nobody send packages (not that anyone was planning on it) just yet. My phone number is 011 212 58 16 03 74. That should be all you'll need to dial to reach me. I won't be offended if nobody wants to call; I'm sure it's not cheap. If you do, keep in mind that I'm five hours ahead, and usually am in bed by 11 at the latest. In the meantime I'm buying calling cards and slowly making the rounds. Also, my Skype name is "nathanielkrause", and I try to be logged on around 4:30-5:30pm your time, though I'm not always there. It's free for all so.... see you there?

4 comments:

Dena said...

I really like the bottom picture.

BG said...

Hey N....

Sounds like you "got there"! Also sounds like you are doing well. ALSO sounds really effin interesting...must be quite surreal. If that were me, the ENTIRE time I was there would feel pretty surreal...no matter how much I got used to it! SO glad you are doing well, my brutha (tho I never doubted you would be!)

Thanks for the Gmail info, I will try to catch you some evening!

shanti (peace),
Brian

PS...is that the shirt I gave you? How is it working for you? Is it REALLY that cold there? But I forget, you're a southern boy!

Susan said...

COMMUNITY MAPPING!!

*so jealous*

Dena said...

you shouldn't talk shit. everyone knows Kansas Rocks. Rock Chalk Jayhawk.